Welcome to this week’s free tutorial and we are going to be looking at how to make a pattern for these two outfits. Yup! the two of them and I can not wait. By the way, for those who are like: “Haba nau Quincy when will you treat us to some sewing videos…we are tired of patterndrafting and patterndrafting…”
lolx….believe me, I wish I can do something to change that but I currently have my hands full with the Upcoming 2020 Sewing competition coming on in June. I hope you have subscribed to stay updated. If you haven’t, please click here to subscribe now. Subscription is free.
To get more information about th competition, please call/whatsapp +2348030971467
ABOUT THE OUTFITS
As we can see, we have two outfits we are going to be drafting out patterns for. So for the sake of this tutorial, I will divide the dresses into dress 1(the style on the left) and dress 2(the style on the right). And as always before we go straight into drafting out patterns, we dissect the outfit in our minds and put them back together.
From our photocover, style is obviously:
- An off the shoulder gown
- With Bogus sleeves and long sleeves to the wrist
- The bodice of the gown is Breastpadded using Princess seam from the neck
- The outfit is obviously made from lace, hence from a nonstretch fabric which suggests that there must be a zipper at the centre back
- This is also a sideslitted gown
- The bodice of the outfit is also breastpadded
- A cape runs from one side of the front and back bodice to the waist
- A peplum cape also runs from the centre front and back of the skirt part of the outfit to the side seam
Now we have a faint idea of how outfits look, let’s piece them back together.
Click on the photo or titles below to check out the individual tutorials of both outfits.
Feel free to leave any questions you may have about them on the comment section.
Want these outfits in your own custom body measurement or that of a client’s?
So till next time on more juicy tutorials, kisses!